Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectmichael jackson - dangerous (epic)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2674970&mesg_id=2674987
2674987, michael jackson - dangerous (epic)
Posted by forgivenphoenix, Sun Mar-18-12 06:56 PM

dangerous
as an album i always liked dangerous. but i don't know why they ever re-released this album at all? the only revelation here is the back photo reveals a make-up less michael in the --gasp!!!!--- same skin tone as his other records. so do tell!!!!!! (okay i know for a fact thru industry connects) so again his bad judgment to cover a blotch of vertiligo on his neck with pancake makeup all over his face, is just as bad as his judgment to go it alone without his partner in crime, quincy jones. i think quincy's expertise coulda been used to give objectionable decisions on minor things like ''why does each song have a concert intro''? or his diction (which got out of control by HIStory) or why actual chords and arrangements don't show up until the third song (''in the closet''). nevertheless, dangerous is the last great new jack swing masterpiece of the early 90s.

i somehow sense that mike feels as though his past will make his fickle public forgive him for his ''sins''. remember HIStory? this is that all over again. just a reminder of mike's glory days. on the real? i'd do a behind the music. a honest one. it worked for madonna. it worked for lenny. it even worked for puffy. then i would release an excellent album full of great songs. no hype--just songs. time will tell how easy we ease back into mike's life. i'm one of few that can separate the art from the artist. but this is a new time and era. if there is a time for michael to strike, it is now (with 80's fever in full swing) but i hope for his sake (and that $200 million dollar loan against his beatles pub) that he gets what he is looking for. i will assume at least in the race for the recordbooks that these records will insure his place in history way past the eagles greatest hits vol 2, and the beatles' one. for i'm sure that at least %25 percent of his fans will re purchase these classic and moonwalk down memory lane. thus pushing his sales up a million past his comp. but on the real? i think he needs to stop focusing on sales, and just get to the heart of the matter, which is the music. and i'm sure that he will indeed be content and actually realize that sales and acheivment won't make him happy........what will?

''all you need is love....all you need is love...all you need is love...love....love is all you need''

-the beatles, ''all you need is love''