Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectMeth is the best MC in the crew period
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2672264&mesg_id=3013603
3013603, Meth is the best MC in the crew period
Posted by Anonymous, Sat Feb-02-19 12:24 PM
I originally said GZA or Deck but as I continue to think about it, Meth covers the most bases.

People saying Ghost must be going off of discography because he is probably the 5th best MC behind Meth, Deck, GZA, and Rae.

He has just managed to have more consistent output than the others which to me means he’s a much better executive producer than the others.

Meth is the Vince Carter of Hip-Hop.

Flow is flawless.

Has to have a Top 3 voice ever...even though that is subjective.

Completely has his own style.

One of the only few to rock with Big and Pac while they were alive...I know that’s not worth much but a cool fact. Maybe Bone and Too-Short are the only other two?

He can do grimy joints to love joints and never sound out of place and more importantly never sound like he isn’t doing a Meth record.

I believe Tical was a let down at the time but it still is classic material.

T2 got unfairly hated on and does have excessive skits but is a dope ass album.

4:21 is overlooked as they come.

Blackout! Is a classic to me.

Guest spots are crazy!

Constantly KILLS Wu tracks and probably only Deck holds their own on an MC tip with him but is not nearly as versatile.

GZA is more lyrical but again, not as versatile and has not had the consistent presence that Meth has had on the mic.

Raekwon is also up there but he is a bit too one-dimensional. Although I will admit, every time I hear a ill ass beat I think “Raekwon would sound dope on this” lol