Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectLove this convo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2672264&mesg_id=3013575
3013575, Love this convo
Posted by Beamer6178, Fri Feb-01-19 01:00 AM
I do wonder how much cats have listened to post-Forever. Hell, even pre. Whomever thinks Deck's only great verse was Triumph, they really haven't listened to much Wu. And whomever thinks Ghost ain't done shit since Supreme Clientele?? LOL "Stolen Script" is just one I'll mention.

I admittedly haven't listened to another Masta Killa album after No Said Date (which was solid), but it was also a function of new priorities (parenthood and time commitments) and how little fanfare accompanied releases.

GZA was my favorite for the longest time. But over time, it should be obvious to all that Ghost is without a doubt the most consistent member of them all. He has the best solo album output, has delivered a host of memorable verses on non Wu tracks, as well as guest appearances within Wu. GZA is the best lyricist but Ghost has much more charisma to go along with lyrics and mic presence, which makes him a better MC. He doesn't just speak through the mic, he grabs that shit and rides it like a fucking pony.

Tony all day