Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectPretend or disagree?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2668916&mesg_id=2670538
2670538, Pretend or disagree?
Posted by Anonymous, Tue Mar-06-12 02:53 PM
Just wondering.

Edit...just because I didn't want to leave it at that and not only disagree but think that the opinion of him having the worst ear for beats is another unbelievable double standard fans hold him to.

I will not sit here and act as if Nas has the best ear because he had his fair share of questionable selections.

But the fact remains that if you add up all of Nas dope songs...he would have far and away more than other MCs and I'm talking songs of high quality.

Unreleased tracks...album bangers...the singles that worked.

He has an unbelievable catalogue of individual songs.

And that alone will kill the theory of his terrible ear for beats.

Nas' problem isn't his ear for beats, it's his executive producing on his projects and deciding what makes the record And what doesn't.

He also would benefit from a few less yes men and a few more guys to tell him whensometng isn't working.

But to say he flat out has the worst ear for beats ever is not only wrong but is ridiculous when you look at how many dope songs he has made.

Go to you iTunes and make a playlist of every dope Nas song including the unreleased material and see what I'm talking about instead of basing your opinion on just his duds and ignoring his great material.