Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectwhat does ANY of this shit mean?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2658618&mesg_id=2658830
2658830, what does ANY of this shit mean?
Posted by disco dj, Tue Feb-07-12 12:43 AM
>but, it fits into Badu's eclectic thing that made "Mama's
>Gun" a great Cd and the follow-up "WorldWide Underground" a
>great follow-up to "Mama's Gun", so I can't really be too
>disappointed that most rock oriented black musicians and the
>non-rock oriented black musicians didn't jump on that
>particuliar style.
>

I'm not trying to be difficult. But what does any of this shit have to do with the topic at hand?

You're saying "eclectic thing", meaning what? and if you're not disappointed that rock oriented black musicians *AND* non-rock oriented musicians ( which is pretty much the OPPOSITE of who you were talking about at first) didn' jump on her style, then what are you asking of her?

What the hell does that even mean. Reread your post.

You basically said: 'It doesn't bother me that musicians did or didn't jump on her style.'

That's the most non-committal shit ever said. How can you even have an opinion, when you, by your own admission, DON'T HAVE AN OPINION?

"I'm not disappointed that people did or didn't want to do what she was trying to do.."

>The ending segment of "I want you" is another great Badu rock
>moment: the "just because I tell you I love you don't mean
>that I do..." part, that was more Badu rock that is
>yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
>

What does that even mean?

>So I'm saying it just makes Badu stand out more on her own
>that others didn't step up.

But she hasn't made anything in that vein ( this so-called blend of Funk/Soul/Rock) since then? If she "stood out" or was trying to, she'd be making more of this shit, right? Fishbone fought the good fight from the 80's until the 00's. If you're trying to change the world, you don't throw in the towel after ONE attempt at it...

C'mon man. Let's talk about music...