Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectWonderful thread Brother
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2657080&mesg_id=2657086
2657086, Wonderful thread Brother
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu Feb-02-12 02:31 PM
i love the Jacksons episodes, Al Green, Marvin gaye, Smokey RObinson, Aretha Franklin, Barry White,Commodores, War,Tower of Power,Sly and the Family Stone, and everyone else you mentioned

however my personal ones are

Minnie Riperton right before she died and that something else to have her on soultrain. just was emotional 1)

Rick James Tributes and there was nothing like Rick James and Don Cornelious going in the round they truly had a vibe with one another and talk about Irony because yesterday was Rick's birthday. anytime RIck James was on there that was something else. 2)

the Whispers, Shalamar and O'Bryan because those were special for Don and those were acts he really went to Bat for. 3)

Richard Pryor this was a trip when he was on there. my uncle was working on soultrain during this time and he told me how cool Pryor and Pam Grier were and the great times had by all. 4)

Marvin Gaye,Smokey Robinson and Don all playing Basketball on the stage classic episode. 5)

a white act performing on soul Train meant you were being felt and that was a special honor there. Gino,Lady T,Elton, Bowie. 6)

Soul train history books was always a highlight for me always enjoyed that. 7)

Stevie Wonder specials on there always meant so much. 8)