Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectmega-late pass: I LOVE this album right now...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2653984&mesg_id=2685834
2685834, mega-late pass: I LOVE this album right now...
Posted by amplifya7, Fri Apr-13-12 06:33 PM
I didn't really pay too much attention to the hype, but enough that I checked out a few songs. After "Video Games," "Born To Die," and "Off To The Races" growing on me and sticking my head for months and months, I had tried a couple of times to find a free d/l link and failed. I finally saw it was $6.99 on iTunes and decided to buy it.

National Anthem, Dark Paradise, and Radio have been on repeat, those 3 tracks in that order back to back are killer...I haven't really even gotten into the last couple tracks cuz I just keep playing those 6 songs over and over. I also made the Weeknd comparison while listening to it before reading this thread.

Also, I completely disagree with this angle in the P4K review: "The ultimate disappointment of Born to Die, then, is how out of touch it feels not just with the world around it, but with the simple business of human emotion."

I think the album is VERY "human"...its human in the same way The Weeknd is...engaging in the hedonistic/materialistic/capitalist things American society glorifies and making it sound incredibly dark and depressing, yet enjoyable for a cheap thrill...i dunno...i love both of em

How is this thread 100 replies and no one mentioned any of the songs I just named besides Video Games and Born To Die?