Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: I somewhat retract my statement.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2530978&mesg_id=2562414
2562414, RE: I somewhat retract my statement.
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Mon Jun-20-11 08:23 AM
>i was going to check out turntable just to listen and
>observe, but since i'm one of the few people not on facebook,
>i couldn't.
>
>
>>Overall the features are better (although forced turn-taking
>>can be good and bad)
>
>would you elaborate on those other features? the forced
>turn-taking is one of the things that turn me off about
>listening room, especially since no one knows what the other
>people uploaded unless they say. mumu has it share of playlist
>problems and is prone to user error, but at least we can build
>what i call a logical and intuitive playlist in there.

Yeah, it's very similar to The Listening Room in terms of ordering, and you can't see what other people have uploaded, which again is something that I think can be both good and bad.

You have the ability to be fans of other DJs, so you can see what rooms they are in and you also have the ability to invite other DJs that you're fans with into rooms to play music with you.

There is the the ability to vote on tracks, and if a track receives too many downvotes, the track will be skipped. If someone votes that they like a track, their little avatar will start nodding their head, so you know who is digging the track that you're playing. There's a chance things get ugly, but overall it's pretty cool to see. I went into a random Japanese room and played some stuff (e.g, TOKiMONSTA and Toro y Moi) and it was cool just to see them enjoying it.

There is also a decent database so you just have to type the name of the artist or track and select the track to play instead of uploading, but you can upload yourself it if is missing.