Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI'm gonna check it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2520159&mesg_id=2521447
2521447, I'm gonna check it
Posted by __Spread__, Mon Mar-07-11 12:30 PM
I always liked your beats so i think its worth 3 bucks to me...
I feel you on the charging for downloads thing...my last album I tried selling for 5 bucks @ first with 1 dollar downloads and folks just weren't really buying much...but I hadn't "officially" released it yet...I started to worry about sample clearance and all that type of stuff and just said "fuck it" and made it free, put up a post on okp and in a 1-month period I got almost 2,000 plays...
if it is free, folks that don't even know anything about you will bother to peep your shit...
its kind of degrading as an artist simply because I do get royalty checks (for very small amounts) from BMI and CDbaby for old shit i've done but i feel like my music is better than ever and i keep giving it away for free???
my next full-length i am going to have to charge for because I am using a lot of my original tunes with no samples and outside production (that i paid for) so i gots to make some dough on that...but for now i am happy to give out shit for free to get a buzz