Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectgive me... 5 artists with a 10 album run like the roots since 1995.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2472827&mesg_id=2472827
2472827, give me... 5 artists with a 10 album run like the roots since 1995.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Dec-14-10 05:17 PM
from DYWM-Wake Up, Come Alive included.

i've got jay z.... and that's it, and he has some spotty material in that run. the roots spotty material is pretty limited in comparison.

i can't think of a single artist or group outside of jay in any genre since they dropped DYWM with 10 albums of not only quality material, but 10 albums that are all night and day from each other. they've outlived virtually everyone who was around when they started and many artists have been born and died since then. eras and trends have come and gone yet the roots remain, strong and visible as ever.

now, the wu obviously compare when you compile the solo records.... but certainly not as a singular unit.

i really can't think of a rock group that approaches this run. rnb... maybe kells, but then i don't like 80% of his output.

i'm not saying there aren't artists and groups out there.... but i am saying the roots have had an amazing run that i think is vastly unappreciated. i'm just wondering if there is a comparable run since they arrived on the scene, but either way..... this list is pretty short.