Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThey are so thorough.....I kept crossing paths with them
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2958931&mesg_id=2958962
2958962, They are so thorough.....I kept crossing paths with them
Posted by c71, Tue Mar-08-16 02:10 PM
I was at Tower Records in the village in the early 90's when "Afrodiasic" was about to be released and I saw a stage being set up in the store for a performance.

So I saw one of the brothers with an acoustic guitar. I asked him who was about to play. He said The Veldt. I started singing "where do we go from here? where do we go from hereeeeeeeeeeeeee?" the hook from the Veldt song "Tinsel town" that I knew from the "Strange vibrations from the Hardcore" Black Rock Coalition radio show playing that song enough for me to be a fan of it.

They were like "where do you know us from?" I told them about the radio show. They were like, "oh, yeah, that." They were doing an acoustic show so I don't think I stuck around.

The next time I came across them when I went to a show in 1996 I was supposed to be going there with Cammile Goodison, a writer who worked on the Black Rock Coalition magazine "Ravers" the issue after the one I worked on (but Cammile couldn't go for some reason). I was pretty unhappy but when the Veldt came on, whoa, I didn't expect to be blown away like that.