Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecthe should def stay with warners
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2902366&mesg_id=2903145
2903145, he should def stay with warners
Posted by GumDrops, Sun Sep-28-14 07:08 AM
only half way through AOA but this has to be his best album in i dont know how long. i wonder if its just him who decided to try a little harder this time, or if WB somehow still has old staff he knows there, or maybe he felt the time was right to be a bit more like prince. who knows, either way, this is the kind of prince album i generally want at this stage in his career. impressive. if he tours with this one, i wont be annoyed. not sure i can listen to the 3rd eye girl one too, im happy just knowing this one is a solid 3/5 lol. im not sure how i would expect prince to age (i cant see him doing respectable covers or something all grown up and adult, i.e. become consciously mature and boring, though i do sometimes wonder what he would sound like doing something 'rootsy' and stripped down) but this actually is the prince i remember, in a comfortable way (though im not sure about that big daddy kane rapping on the first song). i think this might be the album where i can stop being mad at prince.

i half expected morris day to turn up at the end of the gold standard.