Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI'm too drunk now to write something smart*...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2888845&mesg_id=2889768
2889768, I'm too drunk now to write something smart*...
Posted by Jakob Hellberg, Sat Jun-21-14 08:19 PM
(I've stopped doing drunk-posts), let's just say that I don't agree at all with your distinctions between composer/player/machine-eras. Well, I agree a little because there's clearly a difference between composer-sgit but overall-NAH! Also, would'nt it be better to change from "PLAYER" TO "pERFORMER"? In that way, you can manage to incorporate th epop-stars. Basically, a vocie, a skill, a personality, a star-quality-it all comes from the performer and is far more all-encompassing than "player" which seems heavily jazz-biased and has very little to do with GENERAL trends in the past, um, century.

Also, I guess one could change Machine to producer and make it more all-encompassing as well. EDIT:That part is more flwed but whatefer, I still think it works better...)

Anyway, I'll come back to this and add my thoughts; I'm just not capable of formulating myself well now (aND in a second language at that; of course, I speak/write more english than swedish every day and have done so for years but whatever, it's a good excuse! I'll usr it forever...)...)...)...

*not saying I'm ever capable of that but I can fake it!!!