Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Anyone that doesn't know rappers are characters in 2013...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2823981&mesg_id=2824128
2824128, RE: Anyone that doesn't know rappers are characters in 2013...
Posted by truekolor, Mon Jul-22-13 01:04 PM
I hope that subject lines applies to children and adolescents who from ur opinion it seems must be unintelligent for not recognizing that rappers are characters ... -_-

But thats neither here nor there and i am just in disagreement with your point of view and id rather not devolve into name calling or insulting each other intelligence..

that being said, Who said anything about the common populace, we're talking about what rappers say about themselves and what hiphop says about itself. The question of whether or not i can ascertain if hiphop has become a caricature of itself at times is not pertinent to the conversation because you postulated the idea of comparing movies and hiphop...concisely call denzel a great actor in training day he will say thank you, call rick ross a great actor he is going to throw his 50 piece lemon pepper wingstop combo at you

once again when rappers and hiphop as a whole tell everyone, sorry folks this is all an act, then yes I am in agreement with you

Sidebar: I fully recognize the reprehensible nature of the racial inequities of the entertainment business, and the substantial privilege afforded to white actors, rappers, singers, entertainers etc.