Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectMan, I can't call it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2759482&mesg_id=2759720
2759720, Man, I can't call it
Posted by spenzalii, Thu Nov-29-12 04:06 PM
When I first heard World Famous they instantly becamy by dudes, even though I had poo-poo'd them on How About Some Hardcore. Primo had some serious heat on that one and G Rap murdered it on Stick To Ya Guns. But by the last 1/3 of the album it did feel a little lumpy.

You can kinda say the same on 1st Family For Life, just amplified on both counts. Breakin Tha Rules can have you start a fight with yourself just because, Downtown Swinga '98 is a riot on wax, and I Luv is one of the dopest things Primo EVER did, with Foxxx playing the anchor. But it too was a bit uneven, and next to the bangers on that album (and there were plenty) they sounded that much weaker

Now Warriors? That shit was pretty much straight heat. With the exception of maybe 2 songs (Everyday and Operation Lockdown, maybe) there was nothing but fire on that album. I will smack the shit out of somebody whenever Calm Down comes on (that Nona Hendryx sample is the shit). And Ante Up? We ain't even gonna talk about that one...