Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthat chow lee is nuts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13498390&mesg_id=13499426
13499426, that chow lee is nuts
Posted by bearfield, Fri Feb-16-24 01:51 PM
somehow the yt algo decided i wanted to hear drumless horny sample drill after i watched realyungphil and MIKE's recent song — and the yt algo was right!

i was vaguely aware of this sample drill movement but only got about as deep as shawny binladen last year. the instrumental to chow lee's "ms beautiful v" (produced by cash cobain) is absolutely out of bounds. i had heard cash cobain instrumentals before (at least the tag was familiar) but i didn't know sample drill had merged with jersey club drum patterns to spin off in to something more interesting. can't understate how much i love some of these cash cobain beats. chow lee's "swag it" is also very good as is wolfacejoeyy's "weekend." not sure i'm a fan of chow lee in particular (can't really relate to being OD horny 24/7) but i have a deep history of ignoring lyrics in order to listen to good beats

also looking forward to yeat this week as he is similarly impudent with regards to traditional hip hop instrumental sources, structure, and sound banks. loving how explicitly electronic recent hip hop has been (in particular carti's run up to his next album) and looking forward to where it goes