Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: What's the difference between you then, and you now?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13494622&mesg_id=13494631
13494631, RE: What's the difference between you then, and you now?
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Nov-16-23 04:07 PM
I'm looking for the good. I want stories. I want jokes. I want to read about people who went through some bad stuff and came out aight on the other side. I want to laugh about how wrong I/we/somebody was BEFORE about something but I/we/somebody 'gets it' now.

I want to make sure I don't completely fade away from newer music. I want to get put on still.

And yeah, I'm too old to be arguing back and forth for multiple messages with anybody. Lebron sucks to you? Cool cool. Some thing is soooooo much better than some other thing? And your whole shit is making up comparisons that aren't even necessary? Sweet. I'm a buckets type of person now. If I like it, I wanna hear more about it from other people who dig it too. If I don't like something, I'm out! AKA you ain't gonna find me swinging in on a rope to hate on some rapper/album IDGAF about. You know the ones that wanna show up and mess up a party on some ole 'this ain't that good. Yawl suck for liking this. This ain't better than my nostalgically enhanced concept of how good Illmatic is so I'm not gonna sit back and let you enjoy THIS!' type stuff.

>In particular here, I remember when I was posting 20 some odd
>years ago.....
>
>I used to be invested in proving a mf wrong, or convincing
>them of my point of view.
>
>Now, I want to have conversations, and I pay attention, if I
>catch you equivocating, or using circular logic, rhetorical
>tricks - I just make a note and try not to engage with you
>again.
>
>Now our arguments, and flame throwing is what made this place
>so live, but we kinda off that shit now.
>
>Or at least I am. I kinda look at all of y'all as my cousins.
>I could probably learn from shit from y'all, y'all could
>prolly learn some shit from me. Either way, we fam, I keep it
>respectful.
>
>Or at least I try....
>
>What about y'all?
>Have y'all noticed a difference in how you get down here,
>now?