Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt seems like there is one group that wants a religious war...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13492524&mesg_id=13495100
13495100, It seems like there is one group that wants a religious war...
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-27-23 03:04 PM
from watching social media And that group is a mix of Israelis, Palestinians and even a set of even more batshit American Conservatives.

These folks are the ones we can't let define the conversation even though they are the most passionate, most confident, loudest folks in the room and speak with the most moral clarity.

What needs the most support are the boring, diplomacy-focused, pragmatic, compromising folks who have no ability to get the people riled up and energized. In fact, this group's solution will probably leave a lot of folks pissed off and everyone feeling a little like they loss and the other side got more.

But in my 46 years on this planet, I think this is how these sort of problems get solved.

Not by war. Not by a charismatic leader who will come in and fix it all, but instead by long, slow compromising work.

Social Media and the click bait driven media hate this truth (its boring and not nearly as interesting as the religious fanatics), but I believe that is the only way there is progress on this.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"