Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYooo, thank you. I thought I was alone in knowing about r/stupidpol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13409343&mesg_id=13409365
13409365, Yooo, thank you. I thought I was alone in knowing about r/stupidpol
Posted by double negative, Wed Oct-21-20 08:05 PM
and chapo (and by extension, cumtown)

all of that shit is breathing down the neck of racism I can't even get close enough to hear any of it out. I just look at the landscape like, this is ya'lls kings?

stupidpol really fucked me up when I first ran through it, and I consider myself battle hardened after years of daily scans of Trump, Q-anon, alt-right subs. It got me because it felt like The Donald circa 2016 but with a weird ass twist. It's not that they feel the bigger issue is inequality between the classes, it's that they go many many many steps ahead and have a mean, cynical take on race.

Chapo I just can't fuck with because they are right on the bleeding edge. I only kind of get what they are trying to do but I know how crazy fans can twist the message and while they are on a train thats on the other track they are still a few stops down from fuck-shit-ass-racism and the thing is...I sound like a crazy person when I say this because they are supposed to be the good guys and people stan so fucking hard for their brand of dirtbag leftism.

When Chapo did a critical analysis of 'White Fragility' I knew things were moving into an area I didn't want to even know about. My fear when they performed a critical analysis is that it was going to pull on a thread that will unravel accepted progressive wisdom. It's one thing to skip over or not include a relevant book, it's another thing to mock it to say "hahah, this dumb bitch wrote this dumb book. how insane."