Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTennis Player Novak Djokovic Has Coronavirus
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13390304
13390304, Tennis Player Novak Djokovic Has Coronavirus
Posted by lightworks, Tue Jun-23-20 10:11 AM
While you might be tempted to say "...ok and?" it is especially interesting because of this:

"Djokovic said he might not play US Open because their safety rules were too restrictive. So he created his own tournaments celebrating no restrictions and gets COVID-19. You can’t write this stuff."

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/1275437890852360196

And I feel like it might have further implications.

US Open is around the corner and although obviously they will have much stricter rules in terms of safety makes me think of Serena (who has had pulmonary embolisms) and Venus (who has an autoimmune disorder) and how maybe the tournaments coming back right now just really ain't the move.
13390347, He also said he was anti-vaccines in general
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Tue Jun-23-20 12:51 PM
Dumb ass
13390349, Dude is an anti-vaxxer too...
Posted by Marbles, Tue Jun-23-20 01:03 PM

Apparently, this tournament he held included some parties out at some nightclub. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Djokovic wasn't being too safe with all this.
13390387, wonder if Jokic might have gotten positive due to hanging out with him:
Posted by dillinjah, Tue Jun-23-20 04:10 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29354097/nuggets-nikola-jokic-tested-positive-coronavirus-serbia-return-us-delayed

Denver Nuggets All-NBA center Nikola Jokic tested positive for the coronavirus in Serbia and his return to the United States to rejoin his team is temporarily delayed, sources told ESPN on Tuesday.

Jokic, who tested positive last week and has been asymptomatic, is expected to be cleared to travel to Denver within a week, sources said.

Jokic has lost 40 pounds and transformed his body during the league's hiatus for the coronavirus pandemic. This season, Jokic has averaged 20.2 points, 10.2 rebounds and 6.9 assists.

He spent time with tennis star Novak Djokovic, a Serbian countryman, at a recent event in Belgrade. Djokovic said Tuesday that he's also tested positive for the coronavirus.

The Nuggets (43-22) are the third seed in the Western Conference behind the Los Angeles Lakers and LA Clippers.

NBA teams, including the Nuggets, returned to team facilities Tuesday to begin testing protocols in advance of traveling to Orlando between July 7-9 to begin formal training camps.

Nuggets coach Michael Malone recently disclosed that he tested positive for the coronavirus during the league's hiatus.
13390388, probably not. he was at a basketball game literally hugging a dude
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Jun-23-20 04:16 PM
who tested positive

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13390413, how many bastard kids does this man have?
Posted by double negative, Tue Jun-23-20 08:13 PM
seems like a real yolo type dude when it comes to pretty much everything.
13390512, This is making me think about finally getting a COVID19 vaccine
Posted by sectachrome86, Wed Jun-24-20 12:01 PM
and anti vaxx people refusing it. SMH.
13390581, Djoke.
Posted by dagu, Wed Jun-24-20 03:12 PM
13390655, perfect place for this: AYDMF.
Posted by poetx, Wed Jun-24-20 11:33 PM

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad