Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNOT FRIDAY POAST XLI
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13339706
13339706, NOT FRIDAY POAST XLI
Posted by PG, Mon Jun-24-19 11:01 AM
13339710, MONDAY
Posted by PG, Mon Jun-24-19 11:08 AM
get through this week and I'm into 2 weeks off... humminahumminahummina...c'mon friday c'mon...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ComplexFlawedGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif
13339720, 2 weeks off?? nice
Posted by mista k5, Mon Jun-24-19 11:30 AM
im about a week away from having a week off. getting ready for it.

chill weekend. got my laptop mostly working. it has some drivers issue, some adware (i think its gone) and possibly bad memory (dont we all). i got it to boot up but it would turn off after a few hours. a few times during virus scans. one time while i was formatting my new sd card. finally got he sd card formatted, took like 6 hours. transferred my data to the desktop (after making enough space), took like 2 hrs. got the data onto the new card, another 2 hours. need to test it out tonight to make sure everything transferred over well.

i did play some doom, im digging it. wasnt sure if i would actually like it but so far so good.

slow day at work. coworker is out on vacation, office mate came in 3 hrs late (dont know if it was scheduled) would have been nice if she took the day off lol
13339867, like old school doom
Posted by PG, Mon Jun-24-19 05:57 PM
fps? lol... funtimes
13339952, goldeneye got me hooked
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jun-25-19 09:21 AM
ive had a hard time getting into modern shooters and never really was into doom. this one has been pretty cool though.

13339724, I gotta schedule some time off in July and August
Posted by flipnile, Mon Jun-24-19 11:38 AM
Want to take a whole week like last year so it's really 9 days in a row off, but I want to spend half the time chilling at the crib.

Gonna avoid sitting at my desk as much as possible this week. Hot weather + passive-aggressiveness is a bad combo for me. I got people in my office that literally frown when they see me, and I don't even know their first or last name.
13339868, yooooooooooooo
Posted by PG, Mon Jun-24-19 05:58 PM

>got people in my office that literally frown when they see me,
>and I don't even know their first or last name.

brutal
13339891, RE: yooooooooooooo
Posted by Trinity444, Mon Jun-24-19 08:12 PM
His office stories are the best lol
13339738, Sat out at Sequoia's yesterday afternoon and realized...
Posted by Creole, Mon Jun-24-19 12:00 PM
that I wanna work in DC again. WORK; not LIVE!

Ever look at your wife or S/O and be like... "DAMN! I love her big headed ass!" ???? I did that yesterday while we sat among friends for brunch, libations, and laughs.

Man, the PM ain't here today and it's peaceful & quiet. I'm ghosting around 3:30 to go home, pick my daughter up, and take her to get a nice snowball. Just want some daddy & daughter time.

Might dust off the LinkedIn profile this evening and start casually looking at stuff in the DC area. DC money with B'more housing costs = MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY MO!
13339869, def
Posted by PG, Mon Jun-24-19 05:59 PM

>Ever look at your wife or S/O and be like... "DAMN! I love her
>big headed ass!" ????

pretty much daily no lie.
13339870, All the time
Posted by flipnile, Mon Jun-24-19 06:09 PM
>big headed ass!" ????

It's rap love song lyrics with her.
13339897, Sure do. Not sure how I even pulled this one off Haha
Posted by KiloMcG, Mon Jun-24-19 08:53 PM

>big headed ass!" ???? I did that yesterday while we sat among
>friends for brunch, libations, and laughs.

Had a very similar experience Friday night. I'm blessed.
13339949, To all tree of y'all ^^^^, glad to know I ain't the only one...
Posted by Creole, Tue Jun-25-19 09:14 AM
BE GREAT TODAY, FELLAS!
13339881, some things I’ll never get...
Posted by Trinity444, Mon Jun-24-19 07:09 PM
like. how to use chopsticks and how to swim.
I just can’t get the hang of it lol

13339884, If you keep your lungs full of air, you'll be buoyant
Posted by flipnile, Mon Jun-24-19 07:34 PM
>like. how to use chopsticks and how to swim.
>I just can’t get the hang of it lol

13339889, that’s the hardest part...
Posted by Trinity444, Mon Jun-24-19 08:08 PM
I panic. I think because it can kill me...quick lol
can’t figure out the chopsticks thing tho...
13339945, Swimming is easier than using chopsticks...
Posted by Creole, Tue Jun-25-19 09:06 AM
>I panic. I think because it can kill me...quick lol
>can’t figure out the chopsticks thing tho...
>

I was once sort of scared of swimming until I fronted, for a lady, and dove off of a 12-foot high platform board. She thought it was sexy and I thought I was a damned fool but AYYYYEEE....

What you won't do for love... That damned Bobby Caldwell! LMBO

When I swam out of it, I was no longer afraid of swimming and thought I was Greg Louganis.

Chopsticks? GIMME A FORK!

13339951, Watch your head
Posted by KiloMcG, Tue Jun-25-19 09:20 AM

>When I swam out of it, I was no longer afraid of swimming and
>thought I was Greg Louganis.
13339956, I remember when he hit his head. I jumped up off the sofa and was like:
Posted by Creole, Tue Jun-25-19 09:28 AM
"DAMN! OWWWWWWWWWWWWW! THAT HAD TO HURT! DAYUM!"
13340180, Haha yeah that shit was wild.
Posted by KiloMcG, Tue Jun-25-19 05:27 PM
One of my earliest Olympics memories.
13340183, to this day high divers give me the heebie jeebies
Posted by PG, Tue Jun-25-19 05:30 PM
13339953, wow lol
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jun-25-19 09:22 AM
13340168, So, that’s what I may need to do lol
Posted by Trinity444, Tue Jun-25-19 05:06 PM
13340055, TUESDAY
Posted by PG, Tue Jun-25-19 12:00 PM
trying to get through this week... get this work done... get on with my time off.

also gotta call the insurance company n make sure we have enough coverage for water protection. the strata deductible went up and our insurance renews automatically tomorrow... i think we're still good but gotta check.

chopsticks.. got me wanting sushi for dinner maybe.... hmmmm.. better hollar at shim see if she likes that.
13340058, nothing ruins your friday more than realizing its actually tuesday
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jun-25-19 12:08 PM
not much up here. im mostly ready for this trip. might order a couple more things on amazon.

i was trying to order some new glasses online yesterday. shipping was 7-14 days. wanted them before the trip. looks like i should have done this before. probably will wait until after the trip. prices were around $80 for a pair with transitions so not bad. maybe having new glasses during a trip isnt a smart idea anyways.
13340166, lmao.. yeah that's getting a bit ahead of ourselves
Posted by PG, Tue Jun-25-19 05:04 PM
mind you I may have treated sunday and monday like they were thursday and friday... it's true... soon tho..
13340073, trying to use reusable bags
Posted by shygurl, Tue Jun-25-19 12:46 PM
One of my new year's resolutions was using reusable bags, and finally six months into the year I think I've got it. I must say it's easier to carry everything in a few cloth bags versus a millions plastic bags, and I don't feel like such a wasteful piece of shit when I use the cloth bags. Plus a few stores offer like a 5 cent bag discount so that's nice too.

The only drawback is I won't have any bags to line the mini trash cans I have, but I found some compostable bags on Amazon so I'mma give those a try.
13340169, yeah having a few around is handy
Posted by PG, Tue Jun-25-19 05:08 PM
but it always seems to be no plastic bags at home or way too many... we use reusable for shopping mostly but not garbage... we do have the decomposable compost bags and city composting.

when shopping it's the forgetting of the bags that derails the whole affair or if just grabbing ish on the fly... try to keep them in the car but still.
13340171, I do...
Posted by Trinity444, Tue Jun-25-19 05:12 PM
I’m not totally there yet.
I still ask for plastic to wrap my meat, dairy and some produce in.
13340084, I see work meetings the same Bubbles walked through Hampsterdam
Posted by flipnile, Tue Jun-25-19 01:14 PM
Tables full of sodas, goldfish crackers, donuts, coffee, chips, etc. Mofos stuffing their face while sitting around talking about nothing. I don't partake. Looking at shit like "when I was a teen, I used to eat that crap too..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9tuxxkgFME
13340172, ...
Posted by PG, Tue Jun-25-19 05:13 PM
you're like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9tuxxkgFME

I'm like

https://youtu.be/dalvcDN-LVw

this is not the best life brethren.
13340109, I'd like to vent a/t Weak Sauce move that happened on Yesterday
Posted by Case_One, Tue Jun-25-19 02:15 PM
So, I made a post about an informative debate that possed compelling arguments on both sides of an Athiest vs Christian argument. The content was really good for both sides and think there was a great opportunity to listen objectively.

BUT NOOOOOOOOO. The Post was deleted. It violated no rules, was not a duplicate post, was not a spinoff, and was totally valid.

The casual censorship is totally BS and is uncalled for especially by those who claim to love dicersity and freedom of thought.

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ
13340125, I don't think anyone w/ the power to delete posts claims this:
Posted by flipnile, Tue Jun-25-19 02:51 PM
>The casual censorship is totally BS and is uncalled for
>especially by those who claim to love diversity and freedom of
>thought.

Dudes freak out and start with the name calling if you even have different political views then they do. No point in trying to stimulate conversation about any subjects that are "not up for debate" here.
13340280, I've has several conversations with one Mod
Posted by Case_One, Wed Jun-26-19 08:34 AM
>>The casual censorship is totally BS and is uncalled for
>>especially by those who claim to love diversity and freedom
>of
>>thought.

Some of these folks are really big on navigating the mod duty based on pure opinion of what they deem is proper, purely based on their own bias. Then the same folks turn around and try to stand on the rules as a basis when the options meet their needs. That's not what the position is about. It's not about what they like or don't like. It's about maintaining the ability ot not be seen and still be present.

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ
13340129, i saw the first reply to it
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jun-25-19 02:58 PM
i dont know if there were more but it looked like it had the potential to just turn into another circular argument from that first reply. i dont know if the deletion was based off just the original post and first reply. that would seem unnecessary.

not sure this is the right thread for the complaint though.

13340278, For one the debate was really good. Very informative perspectives.
Posted by Case_One, Wed Jun-26-19 08:27 AM
Folks ask me questions and I felt that the debate offered answers to many questions and insights as to why folks believe what they believe.

13340175, missed it.. venting here is fine with me
Posted by PG, Tue Jun-25-19 05:19 PM
it happens though... mods aren't really beholden to anything other than their best effort, conscience and the limits of their patience.. and they're human like the rest of us so... we all come with the weak sauce and the strong sauce at times.. if it's worth it hold the thought try it again another time maybe it'll fly then.. no help or hope holding onto a gripe tho so that much is not worth it fam... I've been there.
13340277, There just needs to be some consistency -
Posted by Case_One, Wed Jun-26-19 08:25 AM
that's not based on their opinion but based on the rules.

13340174, this dj khaled album is making me mad
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jun-25-19 05:15 PM
making me feel super washed

the albums sounds like its 5 years late

keeps using same beats/samples as songs that i grew up on and its angering me lol

i remember not understanding why people were mad that rap used beats from songs they loved. here i am.
13340181, I won't lie
Posted by PG, Tue Jun-25-19 05:28 PM
my first though was... well it's dj khaled so you basically set yourself up for that.

not judging because music is a personal and subjective thing... but I wouldn't have done that myself.
13340185, you know i expected it to completely suck
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jun-25-19 05:31 PM
it doesnt suck. even the songs that annoy me because he uses the beat for ms jackson or the senorita beat arent bad.

im laughing at it because he sounds washed and the fact he was so mad that tyler beat him out makes it funnier. then he hits me with these beats and now im mad and washed lol

this is his 11th album???? first one i listen to lol
13340188, lol
Posted by PG, Tue Jun-25-19 05:36 PM
yeah sorry not trying to put you on blast.... seems to me Khaled is pretty out of his lane to be trying to compete with Tyler.
13340184, My girl asked if we could play Mary J's "All I need" at...
Posted by flipnile, Tue Jun-25-19 05:31 PM
...our wedding. The version w/ Method Man that she just watched on the BET Awards.

Me: :(
Me: https://i.axs.com/2016/07/82403116-image_577f146b14cfe.jpg

My pop was a huge Marvin fan growing up, so I heard the OG version first.
13340191, ouch
Posted by PG, Tue Jun-25-19 05:40 PM
I can't with that one *hits skip* and I love method man.. the marvin og is legend.
13340194, i never loved the method man song
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jun-25-19 05:45 PM
always felt like i should but it just never hit me like that. had nothing to do with the original though.
13340231, Play both
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jun-25-19 08:02 PM
Play the Marvin first..

Them later in the night after a few drinks...

Everyone wins.
13340176, not a great day...
Posted by Trinity444, Tue Jun-25-19 05:20 PM
I’ve been moody all day.
My mother said it’s because I’m getting old

13340177, RE: not a great day...
Posted by PG, Tue Jun-25-19 05:24 PM
>I’m getting old

crap you to eh? yeah that's me... oh and I'm always salty... with a dose of vinegar

13340182, oof i wonder if thats true
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jun-25-19 05:29 PM
i have become moodier and have less patience now

*sending an e-hug your way*
13340186, lol
Posted by PG, Tue Jun-25-19 05:32 PM
"wonder" and "if"

good ones.
13340326, WEDNESDAY
Posted by PG, Wed Jun-26-19 10:54 AM
this week... no wednesday.. nuh-uh..

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnacceptableHandsomeHarpseal-size_restricted.gif

back onsite today so likely busy but will check in later.... hope you guys have a good one.. get at me!
13340329, Half way done with the week! TELL ME WHEN TO GO...
Posted by Creole, Wed Jun-26-19 11:08 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-29-2015/fXbIFa.gif
13340335, yeah i should not have stayed up last night
Posted by mista k5, Wed Jun-26-19 11:16 AM
still recovering. maybe ill get a nap in at lunch time lol
13340631, THURSDAY
Posted by PG, Thu Jun-27-19 11:27 AM
well folk.. we made it this far... get through this one and we have our Friday again.... I got that wrap everything line everything up at work cause I'm off stress going on... prolly don't need to be.. but am.

man my brain puts me through the wringer sometimes... like last night we went and ordered some sushi for take out and were sitting waiting for it and I hear someone in the kitchen sneeze loudly... man my mind would not just let me relax and let that be.

or I notice my car's been hit there's a dent and pait scratch on the fender.. nothing terribly tragic but now I'm feeling every little nick in the road and stressing over imagining my wheels ain't right... they are.. but I can't just let that be... fucking neurosis.
13340641, getting awfully close to my vacation
Posted by mista k5, Thu Jun-27-19 11:47 AM
im feeling the work starting to creep in at last minute. got 3.5 working days left. i am not looking to take my laptop with me and the boss didnt seem to imply that he wanted me to.

going to be a weird weekend, off two days, work two days then vacations.
13340688, I'm heading off grid
Posted by PG, Thu Jun-27-19 01:54 PM
going to be without cell, innerwebs or tv for a week after spending a week chilling at home next week... gonna be 2 good weeks dammit!
13340708, nice
Posted by mista k5, Thu Jun-27-19 02:44 PM
13340678, I need to finish this training. .. Self Paced Training is the worst for me
Posted by Case_One, Thu Jun-27-19 01:14 PM
I need structure..lol

Looking for Good News: https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org
13340689, I thrive in it...
Posted by PG, Thu Jun-27-19 01:58 PM
mind you there were a couple times in life where I've learned the you can't slack lesson.. and it's one of those ones that you can find yourself slipping on easily enough... but years of working from home and pretty much entirely self directed learning professionally.. I like it.. let me know what is needed.. leave me alone to do it... you need resources you can go to though when your stuck or something is particularly challenging to comprehend and absorb.
13340690, Ret ta go!
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-27-19 01:59 PM
Me and The Wiz are checking out Hamilton tonight...

I wanna drink a nice brew or three before going.

Potluck at work... I ate like it was a buffet. Too much Indian food. I don't ever and have never been big on potlucks but these folks cook their arses off. FREE AND CONVENIENT

Just got out of a 2-hour long meeting. My hed hurts and I'm in need of DEPARTURE from this joint.
13340712, me too.. still 3.5 hrs though
Posted by PG, Thu Jun-27-19 03:03 PM
enjoy the show..

I'm the same with potlucks often wary of folks stuff but man i love indian food.. and when someone can cook they can cook so sometimes it pays to find out.

few years back I had a coworker from lebenon.. his mother ran a catering company so we started ordering from her for our events and stuff.... man she made some fricking magnificent lebanese food.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImperfectChillyArmednylonshrimp-small.gif

I usually don't eat until after work but now I'm fricking salivating at my desk.. damn.
13340746, 1hr left... my motivation is mush
Posted by PG, Thu Jun-27-19 05:32 PM
I've been chatting online with one of my guitar idles recently... I'm geeking over that fact some too.. not gonna name names cause it's not like he's a superstar but still he's made a name and his guitar chops are absolutely crazy sick..

anyway among other things been talking about mutual influences.. talking about vernon reid the other night he hips me to defunkt - thermonuclear sweat... how I didn't know about this before is kinda beyond me.. but he's managed to school me on some early parliament and hazel tracks too.

man I wish I could keep the energy and inspiration to play music and practice after work... this day job just sucks so much life out on the daily... *sigh*

avoid the funk... funks gonna get ya... anyway
13340750, well thats dope
Posted by mista k5, Thu Jun-27-19 05:35 PM
im ready to bounce. kind of been slow rolling the work i have.

need to figure out whats for dinner. i need to go to the grocery store to get some shredded cheese so i guess ill pick up something there.