Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBald Brothers, Do you miss the Barbershop? Why?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13337986&mesg_id=13337986
13337986, Bald Brothers, Do you miss the Barbershop? Why?
Posted by Case_One, Wed Jun-12-19 02:24 PM
I've been bald since about 2003 and I can't front, I miss the barbershop. I miss conversations, the jokes, the arguments, the discounts on stuff in a large black duffle bag, the hot plates of food that were sold every so often. I miss the smell and energy of getting into a clean car with a fresh cut. I miss cutting in line because I had it like that (tip the barber 1 $50 every now and then and you never had to wait).

But I don't miss having to sit all day when your barber is in a funky mood or want to talk to everyone because he needed the attention. I don't miss the accidental nuts on my hand BS. I don't miss having my line jacked on occasion when your barber is doing the most for no reason - my bad - SMH. I dang sure don't miss having to use another barber in the same shop because my barber wasn't in that day. I don't miss having to find another barber because the one I had decided to move WAAAAAAY OUT or leave without telling the clinets where his new shop was.

β€œIt was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” β€” Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ