Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectCareer shit as usual.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13337806&mesg_id=13337945
13337945, Career shit as usual.
Posted by BlakStaar, Wed Jun-12-19 12:47 PM
I really wish I had the skills of a software engineer. Those jobs pay well, and they're always vacancies somewhere. Plus, there's tons of full-time remote opportunities in that field.

The job application process is KILLING ME me. I don't understand folks who have a new job every year but job searching is for the birds, yo. This brings me to my "confession:"

* I’ve been telling folks I’ve been job hunting. Thing is, I’ve been aggressively researching companies, salaries and vaccines more than actually applying to the openings.
And once again, Mercury Retrograde is coming up in about three weeks. Dammit, and I’m not even into astrology like that but still…

Speaking of...I still want to relocate back to NYC, but a part of me thinks it’s too late. The city is getting too homogenized/too expensive, and people still leaving.

Meanwhile, it’s hard AF to make friends in your 30s, and I’m already socially-challenged. My window of opportunity has passed. Le womp.