Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAll inclusive resorts are trash.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13337647&mesg_id=13337766
13337766, All inclusive resorts are trash.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jun-11-19 03:58 PM
First and foremost - they're always in parts of the country that are torn by poverty but OMGz look at the beaches. It feels gross.

Secondly - the food is BEYOND trash. It's garbage. My stomach took a week to recover.

Last is this point up above. They very clearly replace alcohol with god knows what to save money. I was in Mexico 2 years ago for a friend's wedding (never again), and the alcohol always tasted off. It also didn't really seem to work in the same way - I could drink 10 margaritas and barely feel a thing. One night, after drinking wine, I got violently ill in a way I hadn't before or since. I thought at first, MAYBE I just overindulged and this was a hangover or something - but it was not.

Shortly after I found out a few tourists had died and they'd seized thousands of liters of bootleg liquor in the same region I was staying in. So yeah, fuck these places for putting their guests in danger and taking advantage of the locals and their poverty. So disgusting.