Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFell off the keto train...hard
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13337404&mesg_id=13337414
13337414, Fell off the keto train...hard
Posted by bigkarma, Sat Jun-08-19 07:57 PM
I would use the excuse that life got in the way...son's first year of high school, promotion at work, wife had surgery...etc., but then I always run into the random dad who has a bunch of kids, demanding job, and yet still manages to eat religiously paleo and go to multiple Cross-Fit sessions every week.

Last summer I started eating keto, and working out 4-5 times a week. The weight was falling off and I was feeling great, but once my kid started school in the fall, I started a decline in working out. That time was taken up by carting him back and forth to school stuff and football. Then I fell off the keto train over the holidays...we went on a cruise. I ate like it was going out of style, deluding myself that I would start back as soon as we got home...I didn't.

The weight came back in spades, and I felt shittier than I did last summer.

I'm back on track now. I'm been intermittent fasting, the last few months, which is working and pretty sustainable. I'm not being as anal as I was about counting carbs and protein. I'm just eating a couple of clean, balanced meals a day, and not eating from 5pm until 9am. I'm also getting back on track working out.

I'm seeing results, but I still hate that I lost so much ground.