Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSo first off, the idea was the help the Green Party
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13334210&mesg_id=13334991
13334991, So first off, the idea was the help the Green Party
Posted by Mr. ManC, Mon May-27-19 08:02 PM
hit their 5% of the popular vote to receive national funds. That was the only chance of getting anything substantial out of 2016.

Secondly, I did it from New York state, so it was little risk that Clinton was going to lose based on that voting base. If Clinton lost NY of all states there would be a MUCH bigger issue with her as an overall candidate. I even asked for Hillary supporters to still vote for her but on the Working Families Party line to show that they wanted to hold her accountable to actual policy implementation. I was not a Hillary hater.

Thirdly, many people who voted (or didn't vote) PLEADED with the DNC to make real changes to their platform even in Sanders' loss. They instead stood firm that Hillary "got more votes", and therefore didn't need to bend to the side of the party that was behind Sanders. They also basically said they would make up for my vote by picking up moderates, Republicans, and independents who wouldn't dare vote for Trump. To quote MY Senator Chuck Schumer, "for every blue vote we lose we'll pick up another 2 or 3".

All that to say that THEY DID NOT WANT MY VOTE NOR WISH TO DO ANYTHING TO OBTAIN IT. And 2016's results have shown that to be a horrid strategy on their part. Honestly they would have rather lose to Trump than lose to Progressivism. Trump was never the enemy, which is why they nominated the person that he could beat. They cared more about protecting the 1% and status quo, and 3 years later their mea culpa has been "Russia did it".

I'm ready to not vote for bs in 2020 as well. Perhaps if they want votes they should EARN them. That's what a Democracy is supposed to be. They could even implement rank choice voting if they were afraid of spoilers but they thrive off of the false choice of the 2 party system. Not going to fall it.