Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFRIDAY "For most people, Friday's just the day before the weekend."
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13333251
13333251, FRIDAY "For most people, Friday's just the day before the weekend."
Posted by PG, Fri May-17-19 11:41 AM
we here.

got one kid coming over.. shimmy's out of town starting tonight until probably sometime monday... annual gathering she started decades ago called wild womens weekend 50+ womenfolk get together on a ranch/cabins spot they rent for the May long weekend.. then they get up to all manner of good time.

not sure what all I'll get up to... gotta get through this day here and now first anyway.
13333259, damn this kinda sounds fun
Posted by infin8, Fri May-17-19 11:54 AM
wild womens weekend 50+ womenfolk
>get together on a ranch/cabins spot they rent for the May long
>weekend.. then they get up to all manner of good time.

I started working on music with a friend. I think just me, sitting in front of a monitor pushing Ableton buttons, is kinda wack and it's probly why I don't like a lot of my stuff. we'll see.

What you and the kid gettin' into?
13333267, don't know... isn't wick 3 out? maybe that.
Posted by PG, Fri May-17-19 12:05 PM
13333309, its lit yall better go see that shit. better than the first 2 imo.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri May-17-19 01:12 PM
13333312, lol noted. bet we will.
Posted by PG, Fri May-17-19 01:15 PM
13333315, i think i only saw part of the first one at the dentist lol
Posted by mista k5, Fri May-17-19 01:18 PM
keep in mind i barely saw the matrix for the first time this year.

might check them out.
13333327, they don't even print latepasses for the matrix anymore lmao.
Posted by PG, Fri May-17-19 01:35 PM
imo Wick series has been K's most enjoyable work since Bill 'n Teds, Parenthood or River's Edge.. honestly the matrix is pretty decent but I never quite got entirely on board for it... Wick is just good fun well executed action.
13333386, i liked what i saw im just so slow to getting to movies i intend to
Posted by mista k5, Fri May-17-19 03:36 PM
never seen the lord of the rings. some day i will.
13333260, im old
Posted by mista k5, Fri May-17-19 11:55 AM
murs is sunday night. dont really feel like going. its $15 so money isnt an issue. waking up tired monday morning is not something i want to do. final episode of GOT is a must so i would go when its done...maybe get there at 9 or later so not bad, very doable. do i want to though???

there is this black magic flower power band that for some reason interests me. ive never heard their music, they are performing the same night. their show is down the street and i think free. i dont know why it interests me lol.

im planning to listen to both of their music tonight/tomorrow and see if i get pumped to see either.

hopefully i can get to some good cleaning. i need to also get back to the boxing workout. i havent done it in 2 weeks come tomorrow. thankfully i havent gained a pound since then (net, some days i did then i lost it lol) but i had dropped 10...maybe 12 since i had started and i still got a long way to go.
13333268, lol the struggle is real
Posted by PG, Fri May-17-19 12:07 PM
especially that go to the show don't go to the show struggle... I have one next weekend, I need to cop the tickets still but I'm pretty sure I'm up for it.. on a satyrday after all so no real excuse not to.
13333275, if murs was tonight or tomorrow i would be there
Posted by mista k5, Fri May-17-19 12:16 PM
ive seen him before...i think. i really like his music...not the biggest fan but i do like his music. i like supporting good shows that come here but man lol

is buying a ticket and not going still supporting?? lol

i will probably go.
13333290, you putting money in their pocket so yeah.. but lol.. been there.
Posted by PG, Fri May-17-19 12:43 PM
13333273, shimmy’s weekend sounds fly...
Posted by Trinity444, Fri May-17-19 12:14 PM
I have no plans. I’ve been running a lot lately so I’m just gonna enjoy some good food and good wine.

Oh! and Netflix

any recommendations?
13333287, Finished Tuca & Bertie last week and enjoyed it
Posted by Marauder21, Fri May-17-19 12:40 PM
Not sure if you watched/enjoyed BoJack Horseman, but it's by one of the animators from that show (and OKP bignick, too) and stars Tiffany Haddish and Ali Wong. Took me a couple episodes to get into it, but once in I was completely hooked. Good mix of balls out craziness and serious emotion. Probably the best new show on Netflix I've seen in a while.
13333365, can’t watch anything withTiffany in it...
Posted by Trinity444, Fri May-17-19 02:41 PM
I’ll check out the other on tho
Thank you :-)
13333289, it does sound fly...
Posted by PG, Fri May-17-19 12:42 PM
no men allowed so all I can go on is the reports but yeah over the years it sounds like they've consistently had a great time and have built quite a community of crazy ladies.

as for netflix suggestions.. I am way behind on my netflix so don't have much... we were watching a show called somebody feed phil.. travel food show not as good as bourdain but hitting that spot a bit.
13333288, Sitting here listening to Nip's "Higher", off the new Khalid album, and...
Posted by Creole, Fri May-17-19 12:42 PM
thinking about how that brother is gone.

Otherwise, today started off great. I went to my nephew's pinning ceremony this morning. My guy is headed to his junior year in high school. Was proud to share that moment with him and his grandmother/my mother-in-law.

This evening, I'm pouring up and chillin on the back porch. Might smack the wife on the booty.

Still in the 'saving for the house-buying' mode. So, I'm keeping it low-key again this weekend.

My daughter comes tomorrow night. She and some of her classmates/sisters went to Colombia for a little vacation before they come home and get to working in the summer. My babygirl got that second gig she wanted. So, she can be a lil cakey when school starts back up. Anxious to hear about her trip and whether or not she recommends me hitting Cartagena up one day.

MOMMA, WE MADE IT!

Y'all be great this weekend!

13333293, Cartagena
Posted by PG, Fri May-17-19 12:46 PM
I bet she does..

not that I know from experience but I hear columbia is beautiful.
13333320, Yup!
Posted by Creole, Fri May-17-19 01:22 PM
RE: Cartagena

I've not bothered her for anything but to check-in when she hasn't done so in time to keep her mom from going spastic.

Anxious to hear how it went and to see those pics.

Someone on OKP has had glowing reviews of Colombia as well (posted in the past). I'm probably gonna make it there one day.
13333307, Took off to attend a funeral. College friend.
Posted by flipnile, Fri May-17-19 01:10 PM
Born with a bad liver. Was tough, but was also uplifting with so many people coming together.

On the other end, gotta head to my son's science fair this afternoon. Then to do some gardening with a few beers until the sun goes down.
13333311, condolences... and enjoy that afternoon plan.
Posted by PG, Fri May-17-19 01:14 PM
trapped in the office myself but I have a feeling I will survive and make it to the other side of that.

college friend eh? haven't yet faced too many of my contemporaries passing... shame to loose good folk at a relatively young age like that. peace.
13333450, Thanks, man.
Posted by flipnile, Sat May-18-19 06:49 AM
In a reflective mood. The science fair was great, all the kids had presentations prepared so I went and saw everything. Learned a bit too.

I appreciate all of you here at OKP.
13333321, Gotta cut the grass. Trying to find some Charlotte on the cheap shit
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri May-17-19 01:24 PM
for the kids.

Need to get outside and run them around.

Might try to find something a half hour away that’s a little different so we can “make some memories”

13333328, lol you need trin's little helper to take that on for you
Posted by PG, Fri May-17-19 01:39 PM
the mowing....

I'm curious what you end up getting up to with the kids.. making memories is a tricky business it's always hard to know what they will really appreciate let alone what will stick with them... They'll forget stuff you though was epic then they'll end up remembering the darnedest stuff that you may not even recall.

but yeah run 'em ragged... nothing better than tuckered kids going heffer down cause they had it all worked out of them... nothing worse than kids that are all wound because they haven't.
13333335, Don't you have a son that you feed, clothe, and shelter?
Posted by Creole, Fri May-17-19 01:55 PM
Who cares if he ain't old enough to hold his own bottle or tie his own shoes or recite his ABCs backwards?

Put.
Him.
To.
Work.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/mowing-lawn-little-boy-37136996.jpg
13333339, I got little girls. May have them wash the car this weekend
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri May-17-19 02:01 PM
They had a ball helping wash the car last time.

13333355, You on mowing duties forever, slim.
Posted by Creole, Fri May-17-19 02:27 PM
13333349, That's an A+ parenting scam
Posted by Marauder21, Fri May-17-19 02:17 PM
They really had my teenage self believe that mowing the lawn (with a push mower, but at least it had a motor) was a good time and that it was a good use of a summer afternoon. But when you've got boundless energy and not much else to do, it sorta is.
13333358, LMBO... Chores are the only reasons to have kids!
Posted by Creole, Fri May-17-19 02:29 PM
>RE: That's an A+ parenting scam

They gotta do something besides eat up all the food and drink up all the Kool-Aid.

Just kidding...

My little one is 20. She just looks at me when the dishes need to be done.

LOL
13333367, man. highs in the 90s all weekend...
Posted by Trinity444, Fri May-17-19 02:43 PM
better find a pool lol
swimming wears kids out...
13333451, How big is your yard? Does it get sunlight?
Posted by flipnile, Sat May-18-19 06:56 AM
A little garden is an easy way to get them outside, active and having fun. It's dirty tho... gotta put some old clothes on them. Beans grow fast. They can have pods forming in a 4-6 weeks. Sunflowers and zinnias as big, easy-to-grow flowers as well.
13333389, sick day! Yay!
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri May-17-19 03:40 PM
not interested in dealing with those fools today!

disclaimer: I do appreciate being employed and would not trade it for unemployment.
13333390, lol at the disclaimer
Posted by mista k5, Fri May-17-19 03:42 PM
13333452, Suite!
Posted by flipnile, Sat May-18-19 06:57 AM
lol
13333456, Welp. AC acting up again.
Posted by legsdiamond, Sat May-18-19 09:07 AM
Hopefully it’s the same issue as before since I can get the fan going with a stick but the compressor won’t kick on.

Amazon offered a prime trial tho so I ordered the part and it will arrive tomorrow.

Have to go old school. Open the house up at night and close the windows in the morning.