Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: 05/17/2019
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13330279&mesg_id=13333265
13333265, RE: 05/17/2019
Posted by Marbles, Fri May-17-19 12:03 PM

>Kota the Friend - FOTO - 15/19

I'm in the middle of this, based on the strength of OKP recommendations. It's not quite what I was expecting (and I don't know what I was expecting) but it's kind of a refreshing sound. I think it's got a little bit of a Chance the Rapper vibe, IMO.

>Curren$y & Statik Selektah - Gran Turismo - 3/10

I love Curren$y. I was a little late catching on but I've been hooked since then. I enjoyed this one. Like a lot of Curren$y's projects, it's more of the same. He's consistently good.

>Wu-Tang Clan - Of Mics and Men (Music From the Showtime
>Documentary Series) - 1/7

This was tight but wayyyyyyyy too short. With the documentary dropping, why didn't they have a full album dropping? New Edition missed the boat on this too when their TV mini-series hit.

* Also, I don't think they're new but I just got hip to the Emotional Oranges (what a goofy name LOL). I think their EP is a collection of singles that they've dropped over the past year or so. It's called "The Juice, Vol. 1." I'm feeling it. It's got a strong R&B vibe but I wouldn't call it soul.