Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhy ask when they came in with guns blazing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13324464&mesg_id=13325368
13325368, Why ask when they came in with guns blazing
Posted by naame, Tue Apr-09-19 03:22 PM
Which clearly boils down to black men assuming the term is a tool of gays, feminists, and racists to demonize black men for existing. I can definitely see that perspective no matter how much I disagree with the idea because so many of the detractors are indifferent to the struggles of gays and women.

We couldn't talk about any of those gendered aspects of the American criminal justice system because black men think about hiphop the same way that white people think about the police. Black men think hiphop is a bastion of raw energy and mental acuity that shouldn't be criticized by women, gays, whites, black people from the suburbs who have never really been to the hood and could never understand the level of realness it takes to be an officer in the gang infested ghettos of black america, etc. Hiphop is so connected to Black male identity that even the questioning of how it plays a role in the spread of white supremacy and the behaviors associated with toxic masculinity, it's like you're talking to a blue lives matter nigga.

I'm not saying any of this as if I'm above it. I'm saying that it is in me too. Like clipse said, it's in him too!

America has imported more warlord theocracy from Afghanistan than it has exported democracy.