Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: i was with you on the first point
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13324464&mesg_id=13325207
13325207, RE: i was with you on the first point
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Apr-09-19 01:00 AM
>yes, the informant/gang member/offended party/murderer was
>probably working for the police. The police and the military
>(and their collaborators in hollywood and the church) are the
>worst offenders in maintaining and spreading the concepts of
>white male toxic masculinity from the individual level, to the
>family unit, to a global scale.

Well at least one of you can admit that much.

>The rest of your comment is what seems to be getting confused
>here. I don't absolve black people from playing a role,
>however unwittingly, in carrying out the wishes of the police
>and military propagandists that seek to spread their devotion
>to patriarchal domination. Nipsey was killed by these factors
>being displayed within a Black culture that is bastardized by
>white supremacists and developed in reaction to white
>patriarchal violence.

Your conclusion here is problematic. Black culture is not simply bastardized by white supremacists, but terrorized, tortured, oppressed, vultured, monitored and ultimately controlled by white supremacists. Also, to say that Nipsey's murder is the result of a Black culture that was developed in reaction to white patriarchal violence, is to say that Black culture is nothing but violent and murderous. This is problematic because many great accomplishments by many great people were indeed reactions to white patriarchal violence. THAT is the Black culture created in reaction to white patriarchal violence. What you seem to be addressing is the culture that is terrorized, oppressed, controlled, etc. The truth is that this kind of violence is born of extreme poverty and scarcity. Crime rates rise under these conditions. As I mentioned in my original comment, when you consider the peculiar way in which Black males and females have historically been treated concerning gender in this country up to the present, you get a myriad of issues. To place any blame at all on the black community itself is, essentially, to victim blame... which is pretty ironic given the topic here. You cannot fix the black community without fixing the terrorism of the community. The problem is white terrorism, white patriarchy, white toxic masculinity, all the white shit.

>People don't hate themselves because they use the term toxic
>masculinity. If anything, like Damali said, they want to see
>Black people prosper and rooting out the concepts associated
>with sexism will allow us to do so.

The quote from the article doesn't just say "toxic masculinity." It says "toxic black masculinity" which was part of my issue, seeing how nbcnews.com doesn't have articles talking about toxic WHITE masculinity. If you gonna victim-blame black people for their own oppression, at least blame them last after you spend all the decades it'll take to talk about the fault of white people. To that end, Black people rushing to victim-blame Black people is, indeed, self-hatred and de facto white supremacist action. White folks been making up pseudoscience to blame Black people for centuries now. It's like they said it for hundreds of years until certain negros actually believe it.