Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectdude can skate(board) any charges
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13320075&mesg_id=13320096
13320096, dude can skate(board) any charges
Posted by mista k5, Fri Mar-15-19 03:15 PM
if you do any research into it beto admits he was arrested, he explains what happened and more importantly there has been no arrests since then. dude made mistakes, learned and 20 years later is doing what he can for society.

your google is broken?
https://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2018/aug/22/silvestre-reyes/beto-orourke-arrested-1990s-burglary-and-dwi/

have a short attention span?

In August 2017, more recently, O’Rourke described the arrests to an East Texas newspaper. The Palestine Herald-Press quoted him saying: "Some 20 years ago, I was charged with driving under the influence and, during my college years, I jumped a fence at the University of Texas at El Paso which resulted in a burglary charge," O'Rourke said. "I was not convicted of either.

"Both incidents were due to poor judgement and I have no excuse for my behavior then. However, since then, I have used my opportunities to serve my community and my state. I'm grateful for the second chance and believe that we all deserve second chances."

details on the "burglary" (hoping a fence at school)
The Times further reported that court records showed that O’Rourke earlier was arrested in 1995 at UTEP on a burglary of building charge, which was later dropped. O’Rourke told the paper: "That happened while I was in college. I along with some friends were horsing around, and we snuck under the fence at the UTEP physical plant and set off an alarm. We were arrested by UTEP police. ... UTEP decided not to press charges. We weren't intending to do any harm," he was quoted saying.

the dwi (stupid stupid thing to do)
According to the story, O'Rourke was arrested on a DWI charge in September 1998 that was dismissed in 1999 after he completed a court-recommended DWI program. "I've been open about that since the very beginning. I have owned up to it and I have taken responsibility for it," O’Rourke told the paper.