Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject years back i was fairly certain what is currently happening
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13319542&mesg_id=13319982
13319982, years back i was fairly certain what is currently happening
Posted by rawsouthpaw, Fri Mar-15-19 11:43 AM
would unfold. teachers, like clergy, are in every town and are on the pulse of community health and its most intimate measure - childrens' well-being. and with public sector union organizing for the most part still alive in many regions the capacity is there. and i don't see any reason for it to lose steam. many other nations already have a much more fully mature manifestation of the same phenomena in this and related sectors.

we need to make sure this impacts the lives of 1% families though, and part of that involves the charter system, in a financial sense, since their kids are often outside the system. we also need to move at a coordinated state and national level. at this local level in LA we have a ton of hollywood industry families impacted though, so it had even more resonance than neighborhood teachers and schools needing resourcing has. for example our union president (who has a wild bio in movement and teaching work) was a guest on bill maher's show and got a standing ovation since maher's sister is a teacher.