Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSeem like we are seeing a societal shift on our views of the Rich no?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13319542&mesg_id=13319542
13319542, Seem like we are seeing a societal shift on our views of the Rich no?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Mar-13-19 07:17 PM
I think it started with the Mortgage Crisis and Bailout but even then Obama was didn't have the appetite to perp walk rich people and he caught lots of flack for his super mild and definitely warrant talk of Wall Street "fat cats".

But even still the GOP thought to run a super rich guy and their was lots of talk of the rich as Job Creators.

But you start to signs when you see the Rich as Villians in Hollywood movies and TV Shows. We've got from the stock villians being Arabs, and Russians in Action Movies to Tech Billionaires in kids movies like teh Incredibles 2.

But we really didn't turn the corner until Donald Trump was elected President. Even here there was talk that he must be a great businessman because he is so rich. I think Donald Trump proved to alot of Americans aren't necessarily smarter or harder working, alot just won the genetics lottery. In fact, Trump is going further to show that alot of the rich are rich by rigging the system or outright breaking the law.

And this SAT scandal, man this is manna from heaven for folks to show how much the game is rigged for the rich.

And this is while the economy is doing well supposedly. Just imagine if there is a major economic downturn.

People have been talking about a revolution for decades (including my pops) but I swear this feels like the closest we've ever been to one actually happening.

Or will this shit just pass and it will be the same ol same ol?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"