Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti kinda think he is guilty but this documentary doesn't move the needle
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13319486&mesg_id=13321148
13321148, i kinda think he is guilty but this documentary doesn't move the needle
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Mar-20-19 06:27 PM
there was a piece in forbes that pretty much shredded the two accusers but in a factual way.

my mom knew mj personally back in the day and had a lot of interesting things to say about him. she, of course, had an opinion on the whole thing, basically saying that there was at least a fair chance he was crossing the line at these sleepovers, but that there was no "intent" as it were. basically he was a psychological peter pan. even in his 20s he was scared to be touched and would hide under tables and shit, like a fort, if he got agitated. she basically hung around the sets of some shit he did, most notably the wiz, and her kinda unofficial job was to keep an eye on him. rather than keeping tabs on an adult, it was more like watching after a young child. women were throwing themselves at him and he was just confused by it; he didn't want any part of it.

i'm not trying to absolve him here because regardless of his intentions he may very well have caused real trauma. just trying to add some insight, and also say that while he might have done that shit, these new allegations don't do much for me. follow the money and the previous statements on this, pretty suspect. but at the same time, there are other accusers and some really unusual stuff definitely did go on at a personal amusement park that hosted kids for sleepvers.