Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectstop the goddamn deflection.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13319486&mesg_id=13320356
13320356, stop the goddamn deflection.
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Mar-18-19 10:47 AM
>You think this 34 year old man was interested in sleeping
>with 7,8,9 year old boys with no sexual interest.
>
>Out of curiosity,list all the other men you give this benefit
>of doubt to. One nigga on your list, huh?

do you have facts to support your conjecture or are you gonna wind it back to "He SlEePs WiTh BoYs" nonsense? MJ made the dumbest comment someone ever could have made when accused of such a thing and people been rolling with that as "proof" ever since.

my opinion on MJ is evidence-based, and that's it. anything else is bullshit.

the majority of the people who have commented on this topic who were there describe a vastly different experience, one where MJ wasn't even in the bed with them in the first place. why are their testimonies ignored in favor of two who, evidenced through documents produced in discovery of their on-the-record civil trials, have changed their narratives so many times that the timeline looks like someone throwing darts at a chessboard?

again, I need people to just own up to "I think he's a creep how he deals with kids, and think he's a pedo despite not having any proof".

it's the "not having proof" situation that's my beef. not how I feel about his personal behavior. which is a completely different discussion as to what we're having here.

Here is someone whose feeling about this whole thing come close to my own, who quit his job at the Daily Beast because he saw, as I saw, an egregiously unfair and dishonest discourse propping up, noted his own contribution to it, and actually modified his stance:

https://medium.com/@stereowilliams/correct-me-if-im-wrong-6336108a25db

I'll extract the part most relevant:

"Many have consistently stated over the past few days that victimhood doesn’t always look the way you’d expect it to; well, standing up for victims won’t always look the way you expect it to, either. If you are of the mind that 'regardless of whether these guys are right — I know he did something,' then I need for you, as Reed himself has intimated, to de-center Michael Jackson. Your need for cultural closure on a 25-year scandal may be blinding you to the fact that this particular saga isn’t going to end with a pedophile in handcuffs. Michael Jackson is dead and his legacy has already been tarnished."