Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI just re-read the transcript of Mueller's speech today...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13318132&mesg_id=13335595
13335595, I just re-read the transcript of Mueller's speech today...
Posted by Marbles, Wed May-29-19 12:11 PM

You cats who are saying that it was empty or hollow or that he's a coward seem to be missing the importance of the procedural aspect of this stuff. Certain procedural missteps can screw up or even nullify an entire investigation.

Mueller has considered his words very carefully. Remember, as a part of the DOJ, he can't charge the president. But he's laid out the results of his investigation as plainly & clearly as he can. It's like Vanna White turning all of the letters around on a word but 1.

Now it's up to Congress (because, again, the DOJ can't charge 45 criminally), specificaly the House, because they have impeachment power.

There are still a few investigations going. I get the impression that Pelosi wants to wait to see what else comes up.

I disagree with the idea that Mueller didn't do his job. I think he did it to the best of his ability considering the evidence he was able to collect. He set the table, now it's up to Congress to serve the meal...when it's ready.