Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOh hell yea - I'm cynical as fuck homie haha
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13318132&mesg_id=13322867
13322867, Oh hell yea - I'm cynical as fuck homie haha
Posted by Brew, Wed Mar-27-19 11:27 AM
>Except he/they can take another victory lap. I'm tired dogg.
>Tired of taking Ls, basically.
>Ah. I guess I should have asked exactly what you meant by
>"push more"...because it seems to me like they are pushing.

Yea they are, just not loud enough IMO but ...

>Yeah they should do whatever they can legally, but do their
>best to change the subject in the media in my opinion.

This is fair and maybe that's exactly what they're doing. Hopefully. Because I think it's hugely important that Congress and the public doesn't just rely on this bullshit 4 page letter, and whatever dogg shit "summary" Barr decides is sufficient over the next few weeks. Congress has a right to the full report, so does the public.

But yea - you may be right that they are making their push but keeping it out of the media, in which case maybe they find that to be the best approach. I don't know whether it is tho. I think whipping up some public fervor about their suspicions would only help their cause. But what the fuck do I know.

>Okay now I get it- we are cynical about different things lol
>
>
>I still think there is a *chance* for 2020. I'm scared as
>hell- especially if he is able to claim a good economy.
>
>But, I still think there is a chance.

Oh there's definitely a chance - I haven't given up hope at all (hence my fixation on the report being made public, in addition to a host of other things) I'm just saying - it's not like we're in great shape right now because America is stupid and racist and doesn't care about corruption ... but that doesn't mean it's not worth fighting tooth and nail for the things that *may* help swing the pendulum.

>The problem is, I think talking so much about Russia-
>especially now- hurts those chances greatly.
>
>I don't think the issue speaks to anyone who doesn't already
>have their mind made up, basically.
>
>We are mad either way.
>
>They will never turn on him.

See this is where we split - I agree that his *base* isn't changing their minds anytime soon, but they never were. There's a gang of folks somewhere in the middle tho, IMO, who can still be swung if Dems continue to beat into their heads that there's a ton of shady shit going on here. And the messaging shouldn't be Russia only ... it needs to include *all* the fucked up shit they're doing. Repugs are masters at messaging. Dems suck at it. That's the biggest problem. They need to find an effective way to package Russia in with the plethora of other corruption and serve it to those who need to hear it to swing the momentum. How they do that I dunno, and like we agreed on above, they may already be working on that strategically rather than LOUDLY like I want lol. Just saying it can be and needs to be done. On top of a ton of other work. For 2020.

>If there are those mythical people in the middle? I think we
>have a better shot of getting those votes if we make big deals
>about other issues- like healthcare, kids in cages, etc.

Yea that's what I'm saying above - package it all together. My thing is tho, if we just leave Russia alone, then we're focusing on stuff we BEEN focusing on, and clearly that hasn't been working.

>My cynicism comes in with anything happening to Trump ever.
>So because I don't think anything will ever happen to him, I
>don't think we should focus so much on this and risk the
>election. High risk low/no reward.

Is there high risk tho ? We're already losing. Nothing else has worked to this point. Packaging Russia in on top of everything else can be a rallying cry.

>That's my point though.
>
>Those treasonous fucks will probably release an
>edited/redacted version of the report, man. And then take
>another victory lap.

Right - which is exactly why Dems need to be SCREAMING about how insufficient that is. I think the shift in the media has kinda already started.

>Shit, they probably have it ready to go and just want to hear
>the dems/media beg for it.
>
>Then they drop another...lets call it a controlled version of
>the report, take more laps, make everyone look silly again,
>fire up their base, demoralize the left, and gain some of
>those middle votes who are growing tired of hearing about it.
>
>And while everyone is distracted and the media is falling for
>it, do shit like gut the ACA.

They're doing that anyway.

>Basically I don't see the real benefit of "pushing harder" for
>this because I don't think anything will come out of it no
>matter what.
>
>And they could make us look silly as shit, potentially.