Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectright but thats kind of my point too
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13318132&mesg_id=13322856
13322856, right but thats kind of my point too
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Mar-27-19 11:16 AM
The Dems can point to other things we already know. Things that are already public- from the indictments, to how soft he is on Russia, to his taxes, to other issues like his wall and ACA.

There is plenty out in the open they can attack him for.

But to keep pushing for a report that *might* be damning AND they control what comes out?

When nothing will happen to him anyway?

What is the benefit?

Like I said below, they probably release a friendly/redacted version and take more victory laps- and everyone who fought for its release will look silly.

And again, nothing is going to happen to Trump. Whatever is in that report wasn't enough to make his cronies turn on him, so what is the point?

The GOP won't turn on him- ever.

Pelosi was downplaying impeachment before this went down.

So what is the benefit of pushing for this report, when everyone can focus on shit he has done in front of everyone's faces?

I get you guys want the truth, so do I.

But can't we wait 2 years and try to win 2020?

(Even then I don't think anything happens to Trump, btw. If it is a Dem admin in 2020, I don't see them prosecuting/investigating a former president because Dems love norms. The Obama admin let Bush officials off in the name of unity, and they started a literal war based on lies. But thats beside the point)