Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've voted for her twice and think she's (mostly) a decent Senator
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13314377&mesg_id=13315419
13315419, I've voted for her twice and think she's (mostly) a decent Senator
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Feb-22-19 02:55 PM
and I would absolutely not vote for her in the primary.

If the stuff about the way she treats her staff wasn't disqualifying (and it is, abusing and retaliating against people isn't "just being tough" or whatever she's spinning it as,) her complete contempt for anyone even remotely to her left and constant desire to seek approval from Republicans is completely the wrong approach for the next president. She thinks because she does well among conservative-leaning independents in Minnesota that the GOP is a reasonable party that just has some minor differences of opinion, but shares a common understanding of this country.

They do not, no matter how many rich people from Wayzata vote for her when the GOP barely even gives her an opponent.

To be clear, I don't expect, or even hope, that the Dem nominee shares my exact policy goals. But at the very least, you need to understand the nature of the GOP. Warren, Harris, Sanders, even Gillibrand all seem to. Klobuchar doesn't.

And according to the NYT, she ate salad with a comb.