Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI have come around to the opinion that anybody but Hillary would have beat
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13314377&mesg_id=13314941
13314941, I have come around to the opinion that anybody but Hillary would have beat
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Feb-21-19 10:09 AM
Trump. That includes Bernie.

I had a lot of Misgivings about Hillary mainly because I hate political dynasties but I came around partly because 1.) No one else got me that excited, 2.) the misinformation put out about her was driving me crazy, 3.) I thought she would have governed well, it would have been as close to an Obama 3rd term as you could get and 4.) I wanted a woman president.

But Bernie has never impressed me. Even while I dig a lot of what he says I just believe that he would have been a very ineffective president. If super talented, smart centrist Obama couldn't get the more progressive parts of his Agenda done, I don't see how Bernie would do better.

I personally believe A progressive President isn't how you begin to change the country, it's more like the last step. You have to set the stage for it by it bubbling up from the bottom in state houses and Congress.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"