Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI agree with a lot of this actually
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13314377&mesg_id=13314524
13314524, I agree with a lot of this actually
Posted by Stadiq, Tue Feb-19-19 07:00 PM
At this point, I think Kamala seems most able to thread the needle and appeal to progressives and establishments folks. And- in the few speeches I've seen, etc- seems likable enough.

I voted Warren in the poll though, because I went with who I would actually want to be President. As far as elect-ability though, its probably Kamala at this point.

I am surprised at how much Bernie raised in a day- I thought some of the hype had faded. I am very curious what Bernie folks think he will be able to accomplish as President, though (to your point on him). Add in his age, it seems like a way to guarantee (even if you thought he could win) a one-term Presidency. I just don't get it. I wish he would have just thrown his support to Warren or something.

I agree on Beto. I hope he just runs for Senate, honestly.

And yup- Biden would be a great way to just give the Presidency to Trump. Saw a couple talking heads on CNN the other day- one GOP one DEM. They were debating the economy/job growth under Obama and Trump.

The GOP head was able to put forth an argument that stupid Americans every where will believe- that the economy is amazing, and so much better than it was under Obama, and it is because of Trump

Running Biden would just be gifting Trump the perfect deflection "the economy is better under me, why would America let you drive again?"...and it will work.

Add Biden's other issues and his long history of losing Presidential races...I don't get why anyone wants him to run.

I hope Brown runs...I'm doubtful he can win the nom though.