Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti like going to the gym but the best shit was having one in my building
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13313231&mesg_id=13313304
13313304, i like going to the gym but the best shit was having one in my building
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Feb-12-19 06:45 PM
in philly we had a gym in the building, pretty basic (good number of machines, cardio stuff and dumb bells) that was the best. i had no excuse not to go: weather, time, transit, nothing. having the shit IN my garage (like I did for a bit in California) was actually less conducive than having it upstairs in a common space for some reason.

in medellin we had a gym across the street and that was similar, no excuse to bag it. once i have to get in the car or walk any significant distance i am more prone to saying fuck it and also it takes extra time to budget.

now at home all i have are some dumbbells and a medicine ball, but i have a couple places i can go work out, hoop, etc. my main problem is that i have stretches when i am gone all the time (or at home between trips finishing stuff from one and preparing for another), so i'll get in a nice rhythm and then squander all the progress.