Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti want to but i dont know what to do
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13312611&mesg_id=13312686
13312686, i want to but i dont know what to do
Posted by mista k5, Fri Feb-08-19 04:20 PM
i just need more bass. i dont know if an amplifier really adds more bass without a subwoofer. i dont know if it makes more sense to get a mono-amp and a subwoofer or a 4 channel amp for the speakers and no subwoofer. at most im thinking i would do a 5 channel amp but wait on the woofer.

im looking at the specs of the speakers and theyre 30W RMS each in the back and 35W RMS in the front. theyre not the most powerful but a big upgrade over factory. supposedly the head unit can only send 10/15W per speaker.

i can get the bass hitting pretty good right now, but i have to turn it up to almost 75% and the highs start being a bit much.

looks like i would be spending around $150 for just the installation of an amp so uhm yeah im not sure. im seeing some amps around $70 for 4 channel and some with brands ive heard of around $130.

sadly i didnt really test as much music as i wanted to on my road trip. we mostly kept the volume down so we could talk. i need to spend some serious time testing out songs and tweaking the EQ. i think ive mostly done what i can with the EQ though.