Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI like AOC
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13312589&mesg_id=13314389
13314389, I like AOC
Posted by MiracleRic, Tue Feb-19-19 12:16 PM
she seems like a solid critic of the system but I don't know if I like the actual proposals so much

i need a bit more pragmatism versus idealism i think

the GND just feels like a package of very lofty ideas that nobody truly believes we can accomplish via legislation.

It just feels like being progressive went from being far left to
having a great imagination when it comes to proposals

i think a lot of it is possible but not without some grave consequences or some tangible revolution (be it political, technological, or whatever)

environment: this largely centers around solar/wind but the reality is...zero emissions is a sc-fantasy barring some pretty revolutionary innovations in the industry bc storage of those "cleaner" energies will likely require some not so clean methods of delivering the services. It's just replacing one oligarch with a newer and prettier one potentially. Despite all that, it's the most appealing and revolutionary proposal that probably also requires the most work.

M4A seems more feasible overall but somehow seems less urgent next to zero emissions by 2030(or even 2050)

Reforming how money impacts politics is definitely a drum she should keep beating though...that might be the best place to start reform especially if ruffling feathers doesn't seem to stop the potential for coalition building