Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI disagree with this.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13312589&mesg_id=13312750
13312750, I disagree with this.
Posted by Brew, Fri Feb-08-19 11:17 PM
I agree with most of what you and Stadiq have been saying in this exchange but you can definitely turn voters. No matter how futile it seems, and no matter how minimal the success rate, it's important not to ignore the repug voter base entirely.

Plenty of lifetime repugs voted Obama in 2008 after the Bush debacle. And plenty of Obama voters voted Romney in 2012 for whatever bullshit reason(s). Etc. It's possible.

Not saying dems should expend a ton of resources on that portion of the electorate. But you can't ignore them entirely. I mean look at the twitter activity since the start of tax season, for example. Bet a bunch of the people bitching about their shitty tax returns were "normally" repug voters. And they vowed not to vote Trump in 2020.

It's possible. And w/gerrymandering, voter suppression and other repug cheating it's imperative that we solicit their votes no matter how painful it is.