Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI did a lot of testing about this - and stuck with the wired earbuds
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13310811&mesg_id=13311851
13311851, I did a lot of testing about this - and stuck with the wired earbuds
Posted by handle, Tue Feb-05-19 01:31 PM
>They fit perfect in my ears and the thump is pretty good in
>these kook to but the wire is janky.
>
>Most earbuds fall out of my ears.
>
>I’m actually thinking about the wireless ones but I’m
>afraid I will lose them.

I love the Apple wired ear-pods:
1)I like the sound - not too much bass, nice mids, highs are present.
2)The controller is really cool with volume up/down and pause/skip forward, skip back controls.
3)I like that they aren't "closed" so you can hear some sounds around you.

I bought the Airpods the week they came out:
1)The sound might actually be a little better
2)They hold a big charge and can recharge very quickly while
3)You can pair directly with Apple Watch and you don't have to take your phone.

But they have a issue that made it a no-go:
1)No controller for volume or track controls.

That alone means they didn't work for me. I hike about 40-50 miles a month and I use those controls a lot. Talking to Siri while on the trail was lame.

Here's that I did:I put the wire under my shirt. So phone is in pocket, wire is under my shirt and pops out under my collar with the controller exposed, then to my ears. So the wire doesn't get in the way or caught on anything while I use them.

And you can regularly find Authentic NEW Earpods with controllers for about $19.99 - so you can buy at least 5 pairs for each pair of Airpods.

I tried Beats-X - and the bass was way to progressive and they weren't waterproof!!

I tried a few pays of Jabras and Jaybirds and thought none of them sounded as good or they were completely closed so I couldn't hear anything around me - I need to hear people behind me.