Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI remember when Fyre Fest was first announced
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13307269&mesg_id=13310720
13310720, I remember when Fyre Fest was first announced
Posted by Hitokiri, Thu Jan-31-19 11:40 AM
And it sounded like the worst thing ever to me. A music festival that costs 10s of thousands of dollars to go to. I remember telling my friends "being at a music festival with the kinds of people who can afford this shit and would actually be willing to spend the money to go to this shit sounds like literal hell to me."

I only watch the Netflix doc so far. And this shit was both hilarious and confusing to me. I do not understand and am incredibly amused at the level of bullshit Billy was spewing and that people were willing to just go with. White privilege like a muhfucker. Dude walks into a meeting with an idea that sounds too out there and walks out with millions. I wanna know more about that blonde woman who was bankrolling him. I got some ideas I wanna sell her.

And honestly, I do not give a fuck that he defrauded all those dumb ass rich kids out of their money. Not with Fyre Fest, Not with NYC VIP, not with his original company. I gives no fuck. The kinds of people who are/would be into that kinda shit are the worst people. The only people I felt bad for are the Bahamians. They deserve better than that, they deserve recompense.