Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAnyone watching these Fyre Fest documentaries?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13307269&mesg_id=13307269
13307269, Anyone watching these Fyre Fest documentaries?
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Jan-16-19 02:08 PM
Hulu just put theirs out, Netflix has one coming out in two days. Some controversy, as the Netflix one was co-produced with one of the companies (Jerry Media) involved in the festival, while Hulu actually paid convicted fraudster Billy MacFarland to appear in theirs.

Watched the Hulu one last night. Pretty good, I most enjoyed the on the ground reports form the people who had to try and actually put this thing together. Delroy from the Bahamas was the only person involved who seemed to understand that there was zero chance this would ever happen, could've used more of him. The only person who comes off worse than MacFarland (who added absolutely nothing except to confirm he's a complete sociopath with no skills outside of conning people) to me was the guy who started the Fyre Fraud Twitter account, since he was apparently fine with them scamming people but DREW THE FUCKING LINE at scamming Comcast out of it's hard-earned money. And he really wanted Ja Rule to go to prison, but I'm not sure what for.

It's hilarious/sad how easy it is to con people out of large sums of money by offering them something virtually indistinguishable from the "normal" level of scamming that people are allowed to get away with every day.