Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNo doubt! They just remained committed to those vows: "death do us part"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306584&mesg_id=13306883
13306883, No doubt! They just remained committed to those vows: "death do us part"
Posted by Creole, Tue Jan-15-19 03:54 PM
>RE: The thing is, all the 40+ year relationships I know had a "wilderness" period
>A time period when the Pops was spending a little bit too
>much time out at the juke joints and their were rumors of
>stuff going on.
>

Not saying that any of it was right. And in some of those cases, it wasn't just Pops out there getting their lil swerve on. Moms was out there too or had Jody sliding in the back door while Pops was out doing his thing.

They just stay committed to that lifetime together. Didn't mean they were miserable in marriage or dying in love. They were just humans who, if they had to, chose to forgive each other and move past it for the sanctity of that commitment that many of them made before God.

It ain't rocket science. It's, IMO, exactly what I posted with the Bible verse from Corinthians. Do we have the fortitude to do those things on daily basis? Forgive? Not keep score? Be patient? Be kind? I've recently read that it's a daily choice we have to make. Don't worry about next year because you've first got to get through that one day. I pray daily for components of love to be present in my spirit and in my physical so that me and The Wiz can make that one day the best day possible. Tomorrow takes care of itself.

>Then they get in their 60+s and they become that cute little
>old people couple that everyone wants to be like.
>
This is when we start finding out about other siblings that lived on the other side of town. LMAO