Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectShit's hard, B! My parents are hitting 50 years next January 17...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306584&mesg_id=13306770
13306770, Shit's hard, B! My parents are hitting 50 years next January 17...
Posted by Creole, Tue Jan-15-19 12:33 PM
I know it's hard. My old man told me. My mom done told me. My grandmother told me. And all of my uncles and aunts who are still married after 40+ years done told me.

I think most people are built for it but choose to not deal with that level of commitment it takes to be successful in marriage.

This is LOVE and MARRIAGE (any relationship for that matter) in a nutshell...

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (New International Version)

The level of commitment and discipline it takes for this to be one's life is indescribable. Why not aspire to it though? It just takes two people aspiring to the same thing. And once one of those people chooses to no longer aspire to and work towards this, the marriage has already failed IMO.